[erlang-questions] Compiling Erlang 17 on IBM AIX

Boroska András andras.boroska@REDACTED
Thu Jun 4 17:11:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

With some tweaks I managed to compile R15 on AIX 7.1 on Power7. No big news
there exits a freely downloadable rpm already.

When I apply the same tweaks and some more to 17.5 the bootstrapping fails
at the first invokation of erlc with core dump: "Failed to create main
carrier for eheap_alloc"

The erlc is linked with the same aix libc the working R15 version uses.

There is enough memory available for the user.

I am aware that AIX is not supported, still, any help is appreciated.

Andras