[erlang-questions] Hidden node and topic subscription rpc's

Tomas Abrahamsson tomas.abrahamsson@REDACTED
Thu Jan 29 09:16:56 CET 2015

> I started using py_interface as a layer to do rpc into an Erlang system,
> receive and send message, and eventually provide functionality to the that
> Erlang system.
>
> One of the functions on the Erlang side would be :
>
> handle_call({subscribe, Channel}, From, State) ->
>   %% Saves From as a subscriber of this channel into the State
>   %% When something will arrive on the Channel From will get a message.
>
> The problem is when I'm sending an rpc:call via py_interface (a call message
> on the rex mailbox essentially). It seems that the pid associated to that
> rpc essentially disappears right when the rpc is completed.

I think this is since the serving rex/rpc process spawns off
a process to handle the rpc request, in order to not block
the rex/rpc server, if I remember correctly.

BRs
Tomas