[erlang-questions] travis-ci erlang support broken?

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Sun Jan 4 12:38:01 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Tuncer Ayaz wrote:
> > Does anybody know if the following travis-ci Erlang distro
> > breakage is due to some kind of recent compartmentalization
> > changes, and if so, what changes are required to continue using
> > travis-ci for Erlang?
> >
> > Can we use only short names for nodes now?
> >
> > curl
> > https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/45606731/log.txt
> > | tail -n 45
>
> The relevant bit:
> {error_logger,{{2015,1,1},{13,48,39}},
>     "Can't set long node name!\nPlease check your configuration\n",[]}
>
> Also, I should have tried -sname before asking the list:
> https://github.com/rebar/rebar/pull/421

After switching -name to -sname, the test runs into:
{error_logger,{{2015,1,2},{21,22,11}},
  \"Protocol: ~tp: the name ct_rt3@REDACTED seems to be in use by
another Erlang node\", [\"inet_tcp\"]}

Clearly, it didn't fix the problem, and since the tests ran fine
previously, I'll have to assume something's changed in travis-ci's
Erlang support. They're out-of-office for the moment, so we'll
hopefully find out what changed once they're back.