[erlang-questions] Process scope variable

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Feb 20 04:11:25 CET 2015

On 20/02/2015, at 3:31 pm, Imants Cekusins <imantc@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I *cannot* distinguish a function that just reads the state from a
> function that changes it.
>
> renaming functions is very quick process.

We weren't talking about the *names* of functions.

> I can add very long comments, too.

I at least was talking about things the system can check for you.
Comments are not one of those things.

OK, so commercial closed source cannot be shown,
but in the time it's taken to have this debate,
about four pages of Erlang code *realistically* like
the code in question could have been written.

Do you have measurements for the cost of putting state in a
separate process yet?