[erlang-questions] Question about reverse list of recursion functions

Cian Synnott cian@REDACTED
Sun Dec 27 23:13:12 CET 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
> At the end of the day an algorithm is fast enough or not so - you have to
> measure to find out. You should choose the simplest correct algorithm
> that is sufficiently fast.

I did some simple measurement of lists:reverse/1 performance about
this time last year in response to some questions on #erlang:
  http://emauton.org/2015/01/25/lists:reverse-1-performance-in-erlang/

TL;DR: "don't worry": assuming we're doing something interesting when
we process each list element, lists:reverse/1 is unlikely to dominate
our runtime.

Cian