[erlang-questions] Diameter service restart

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Wed Aug 26 16:44:04 CEST 2015

Hi,

One way is to create virtual interfaces on your box so that each of your
application is exposed via a different IP/Port combination. That way when
you stop a service, only the transport connections associated with that
service would get torn down.

It wouldn't be right to allow you to stop an application while keeping the
associated transport up. From the peer's point of view, after the CER/CEA
dialogue, it is expected that you will be able to field requests for all
applications which you advertised in your CEA.

I can't imagine a valid scenario where this kind of feature would be
required. Can you please elaborate?

Chandru