[erlang-questions] I need some advices for a framework I'm doing

Ivan Carmenates Garcia co7eb@REDACTED
Tue Aug 25 20:11:50 CEST 2015

I think the idea of an alias is not so bad, that's what I did.

Before I had

{database_manager, [
    {postgres_backend, [
        {server, "localhost"},
        {username, "postgres"},
        {password, "server"},
        {database, "eoc_db"},
        %% max amount of database connections in the connection pool.
        {max_reusable_connections, 10}, % 10 connections.
        %% max time it will wait for an available connection.
        {wait_for_reusable_connection_timeout, 5000} % 5 seconds.
    ]}
]},

Now I have:

{database_manager, [
    {main_backend, [
        {backend, postgres_backend},
        {server, "localhost"},
        {username, "postgres"},
        {password, "server"},
        {database, "eoc_db"},
        %% max amount of database connections in the connection pool.
        {max_reusable_connections, 10}, % 10 connections.
        %% max time it will wait for an available connection.
        {wait_for_reusable_connection_timeout, 5000} % 5 seconds.
    ]}
]},

Then I can safely use

database:connection_session(fun(DBSession)-> . end, main_backend).

So if I have to change the database I only need to change the configuration
for main_backend to use anther backend module with other config. That
enables me to have multiple postgres backend for example under different
alias. And I could name backends with names I like, ie, main_backend,
backup_backend, other_stuffs.

Cheers,

Ivan.