[erlang-questions] Binary constantly growing on erlang 18

Alexander Petrovsky askjuise@REDACTED
Tue Aug 18 14:18:07 CEST 2015

Hi!

A few days ago a noticed that erlang vm eat too many memory. I've checked
system and binary memory and found that it is constantly growing. I'm start
debugging with recon but without success. After disabling all application
the memory sill growing.

I've checken on clean vm:

1> application:which_applications().
[{stdlib,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","2.5"},
 {kernel,"ERTS  CXC 138 10","4.0"}]

2> [begin io:format("~p~n", [erlang:memory(binary)]), timer:sleep(1000) end
|| _ <- lists:seq(1, 5)].
2105616
2113976
2122144
2130504
2138864

3>  io:format("~p~n", [erlang:memory(binary)]), timer:sleep(5000),
io:format("~p~n", [erlang:memory(binary)]).
3124360
3132720

4> 2138864 - 2105616.
33248

5> 3132720 - 3124360.
8360

As you can see, the binary grow non linear and only when I call
erlang:memory(binary).

System: Debian 7
Erlang: 18.0 esl-erlang

Can anyone help me?

--
Петровский Александр / Alexander Petrovsky,

Skype: askjuise
Phone: +7 914 8 820 815