[erlang-questions] how to make beautifulll code of this working code

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Mon Aug 10 20:50:17 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Roelof Wobben <r.wobben@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to make a programm which convert the iso-date to a list of numbers so
> 2015-08-10 will be [2015,08,10]

Impossible - there is no data structure in Erlang whose print value is
[2015,08,10] -

Here a shell example:

  $erl
  Eshell V6.2  (abort with ^G)

  1> [2015,08,10].
  [2015,8,10]

   2> [2015,000000000000008,10].
   [2015,8,10]

The problem the leading zeros in the 08 - if you enter
0000000000008 the shell will print 8.

So the output can be [2015,8,10] but never [2015,08,10]

/Joe