[erlang-questions] how to make beautifulll code of this working code

Roelof Wobben r.wobben@REDACTED
Mon Aug 10 17:46:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have to make a programm which convert the iso-date to a list of
numbers so 2015-08-10 will be [2015,08,10]

As a working programm I have wrote this :

-module(dates).

-export([date_parts/1]).

date_parts(Date)->
    [Year, Month, Day] = re:split(Date, "-", [{return, list}] ),
    [element(1, string:to_integer(Year)),
element(1,string:to_integer(Month)), element(1,string:to_integer(Day))].

Now my question is how to make this code beautifull.

I think myself to make seperate functions for extracting the numbers out
of the list and one for converting the string to numbers.

Roelof

---