[erlang-questions] CT and test.config

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Thu Apr 23 13:41:44 CEST 2015

All,
I've got an app `myapp` which uses a standard `sys.config` file.
I'd like to test it using Common Tests, with a test configuration file.

I'm passing the variable `-config test.config` to ct_run.

However, when I start my app from the Common Test suite `myapp_SUITE.erl`
then the app fails to start because inside the app
`application:get_env(myapp, mykey)` returns `undefined`. I can, however,
read this variable with `ct:get_config({myapp, mykey})`.

How am I supposed to use a custom `test.config` file that is loaded in
ct_run *and* read by the app itself?

I've spent almost a day on this and I'm honestly 5 minutes away from
dropping all this in the dustbin and using an external test tool instead.
Please help me stick to Erlang. :)

r.