[erlang-questions] Binary prettyprinting

Vladimir Gordeev gordeev.vladimir.v@REDACTED
Tue Apr 7 12:43:07 CEST 2015

Is there is a hack that globally makes format binaries differently?

Sometimes while debugging I do print some data. Sometimes this data is
compound and two-three levels down there is a long binary value.

I want to see <<39,122,6,247,77,47,80,222,192,57,233,137,230, ... 1500
bytes total>> instead of actual 1,5 Kb data in text.

Of course I can write such formatting function, but I have to use it
explicitly each time (god, my three-level compound data).

 I want this only on my local machine, so any hacks welcome. Any ideas?