[erlang-questions] What can I only do in Erlang?

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Wed Nov 5 01:29:59 CET 2014

Yes and no. I don't know of any language that can parse binary as easily
as Erlang or be so easily investigated while running in production.

Though I'm sure Richard O'Keefe will now bring up multiple languages
with both features :)

--

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014, at 06:24 PM, Mark Nijhof wrote:
> Cheeky, but the only thing you can do in Erlang and not in any other
> language is write Erlang code (except for Elixir I guess) ;)
>
> Besides that I think the whole let it crash philosophy is what makes
> Erlang stand-out from the others, most if not all language features do
> exist in other languages. And OTP is of course a huge corner stone
> that you don't find in many other languages.
>
> -Mark
>

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Curtis J Schofield (ram9)
> <curtis@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I am working on getting Erlang/Elixir adopted into our company. I've

been asked to provide a simple example of something that your can only

do in erlang.

My reason for pushing to adopt this in our tech stack is that much of

the system code I've written I feel I could write easier in Erlang and

do it faster. I feel like one of the unique offerings of erlang

relates to distributed computing or OTP reliable systems.

Does anyone have thoughts on this question ? "What can I do in Erlang

that I can't do in another language?"

Ideally it would be something small that I could use as a demonstration.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Curtis

---

Modern Yoga vs Traditional Yoga