[erlang-questions] Monitor limitations

Michał Ptaszek erlang@REDACTED
Mon Mar 24 18:16:30 CET 2014

Even if there was an additional cost for gen modules when spawning new
process I still don't see a connection with a complete removal of 'monitor'
flag from available options in spawn_opt BIF (or rather, replacing it with
throw(badarg)). Moreover there is no public API allowing people to spawn
gen_servers on the remote nodes (and only the remote spawn_opt functions
were crippled by that change).

Would a patch re-enabling that flag be accepted by the OTP team?