[erlang-questions] Monitor limitations

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Mon Mar 24 17:37:35 CET 2014

>From the notes in the ticket:

"Some analysis yields that the cause is that the gen_server:start() call
ends up in erlang:spawn_opt(..., [monitor]) which return {Pid, Monitor},
making the proc_lib:sync_wait() wait for {Pid, Monitor} and not Pid
which is what the newly spawned process sends in the ack-message."

I haven't investigated further, so I don't know anything more about it. It
doesn't seem too hard to solve, though, so it seems strange that the
solution was to throw a badarg. Or maybe I missed something crucial...

/siri