[erlang-questions] No JSON/MAPS interoperability in 17.0?

alisdair sullivan alisdairsullivan@REDACTED
Tue Mar 18 01:41:59 CET 2014

> Alisdair and I have talked extensively about most minute details of
> JSON parsing and our libraries are about as close as they're gonna get
> in terms of API compatibility. If Erlang decides to choose one or the
> other one of us is gonna be happy and the other will be sad and have
> to rewrite a lot of code or not use the builtin. Though I'd point out
> that the builtin won't actually be "standard" until 3-5 years from now
> so its probably not a huge issue either way.

i think we’re at the point we agree about everything except maybe some weird edge cases and how strict we are with bad utf encoding. if you’d fix your broken object representation we could probably present exactly the same interface

> And just because I haven't heard from Alisdair recently I have to
> point out that {[]} is still the One True Empty Object representation.
> [{}] is just atrocious.

or not