[erlang-questions] eheap cannot allocate for which process?

Szoboszlay Dániel dszoboszlay@REDACTED
Mon Mar 17 14:00:40 CET 2014

Hi,

I'd say it's the garbing process. The garbage collector is copying, so it
first allocates a big chunk of memory then copies the non-garbage data
there from the old heap. So it's always a likely suspect.

All other processes in the below table are waiting. So they are not
running, thus not allocating memory either. Which means it's either the
garbing process or one of the 31 scheduled, but since they don't use too
much memory they are not likely to cause trouble.

Regards,
Daniel