[erlang-questions] eheap cannot allocate for which process?

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Mon Mar 17 13:36:26 CET 2014

If you're running 32 bit Erlang, only 4 GB of memory is available for a
single process. I think that the stack+heap value is in words, not in
bytes, so on 32 bit Erlang you have to multiply it by 4, but I'm not quite
sure. I my experience usually the processes with the longest queues are
guilty in running out of memory (the process gets stuck, can't handle the
incoming messages, the queue goes large and memory is eventually
exhausted). Even though the queue length is only 1, my suspect is process
<0.21060.67>.