[erlang-questions] [ANN] erl-min-prj -- Easy way to create a .deb package + minimal project template

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Wed Mar 12 10:49:22 CET 2014

Problem with fpm is that it is a growing technical dept.

I hire people who are working or going to work with erlang. We write
software in erlang. If one team member will bring new software in ruby,
then all people will require to maintain ruby (it requires compiling it
from source), maintain proper version of ruby software, etc.

I want to mention that we are speaking not about additional separate
service written in Ruby on Rails, we are speaking about infrastructure tool
that will be used by all people.

Each time when you don't bundle rebar into your repository or you add
dependency from external software, you create new problem that will
appear a year after. When you will forget about this tool or forget what
version of tool have you used.