[erlang-questions] ct_netconfc.erl: is this the expected behavior or is it a bug?

Siri Hansen erlangsiri@REDACTED
Wed Mar 12 10:25:53 CET 2014

> Hi,
>
> Siri Hansen <erlangsiri@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Would this also work ?
> >
> > <?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
> > <rpc message-id=\"1\" xmlns=\"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0\">
> >     <edit-config>
> >         <target>
> >             <running/>
> >         </target>
> >         <config>
> >             <ElementA>
> >                 <elementAId>1</elementAId>
> >                 <elementB>
> >                     <elementB>1</elementB>
> >                     <elementC operation=\"delete\">
> >                         <elementCId>6</elementCId>
> >                     </elementC>
> >                 </elementB>
> >             </ElementA>
> >         </config>
> >     </edit-config>
> > </rpc>
> >

> >  i.e. without the 'xc' prefix (the netconf base namespace is the default
> > anyway).
>
> This is actually not how default namespaces work.  The default
> namespace does not apply to XML attributes.

Thanks, Martin, for pointing that out! Is this a fact in general or do you
mean that the default namespace would not apply to an XML attribute which
is located inside an XML element that is not part of the default namespace?

I mean, would the default namespace apply an attribute in e.g. the 'config'
element?

/siri