[erlang-questions] Clarification: Possibly looking for an Open Source Erlang developer . . or at least useful feedback . .

Philip Rhoades phil@REDACTED
Tue Mar 4 18:08:50 CET 2014

People,

 From some of the responses I have been getting it is clear that my
comment about an "Executive Function Supervisor" is misleading:  the
"supervisor" I am envisaging is not an AGI in some way and is not doing
the actual work - it would be more like the "traffic cop" directing the
work to the appropriate place - the first thing is being able to direct
lots of incoming text messages to Java servers and sending outgoing
messages back to the Web Front End (stuff that Erlang should be good
at).  I also thought it might be able to manage the automatic creation
and removal of virtual Java servers -  it would be a load manager in
that sense - starting other background (intelligent parsing of large
amounts of text data etc) processes when load was low etc.  I will
update the doc so it is a bit clearer.

Regards,

Phil.

--