[erlang-questions] Missing compile warning

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 18:50:36 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Björn Gustavsson <bjorn@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@REDACTED>
> wrote:
>
> > What am I missing? Is it difficult just because it is done after some
> > optimization passes that might mess things up? Or is there some other
> issue?
>
> I don't know how difficult it would be. The
> warnings for unreachable clauses are there
> because they are easy to emit when clauses
> are discarded during optimisation and pattern
> matching compilation. We have not really
> looked at the problem of finding all unreachable
> clauses; depending on how hard the problem
> is, it might be more suitable to let Dialyzer do
> it.

I see. I would like to make a case for including this on the list of
improvements. To me it is important to be able to rely on this
warning/error - it saved me in several occasions.

What other warnings have less than 100% coverage?

/Vlad