[erlang-questions] Missing compile warning

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 18:37:16 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu <vladdu55@REDACTED> wrote:

> What am I missing? Is it difficult just because it is done after some
> optimization passes that might mess things up? Or is there some other issue?

I don't know how difficult it would be. The
warnings for unreachable clauses are there
because they are easy to emit when clauses
are discarded during optimisation and pattern
matching compilation. We have not really
looked at the problem of finding all unreachable
clauses; depending on how hard the problem
is, it might be more suitable to let Dialyzer do
it.

/Bjorn