[erlang-questions] Erlang filtering RARPs?

Kenji Rikitake kenji@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 11:18:07 CEST 2014

I'm not really familiar with Linux, but I guess it's not a procket issue
but Linux kernel issue.

The packet(7) man entry in
http://linux.die.net/man/7/packet
says you need to specify a link-level protocol
when calling socket() as:

    packet_socket = socket(PF_PACKET, int socket_type, int protocol);

where the protocol number listed in <linux/if_ether.h> as:

    #define ETH_P_RARP      0x8035          /* Reverse Addr Res packet      */

You need to use ETH_P_ALL to check out all types of the packets.

See Erlang source file erts/emulator/drivers/common/inet_drv.c for the
further details.  I've found no ETH_P_* stuff defined in OTP-17.0 source
in GitHub.

Kenji Rikitake

++> Ken Hirata <khirata28@REDACTED> [2014-06-23 19:31:36 -0700]: