[erlang-questions] Erlang filtering RARPs?

Ken Hirata khirata28@REDACTED
Tue Jun 24 04:31:36 CEST 2014

I can't seem to receive RARPs within an Erlang application using procket.

I can see RARPs on a tcpdump trace running within Ubuntu Linux when the
Erlang shell isn't executing.  RARPs are not recorded once I execute erl.

The RARPs contain the Ethernet source MAC address in the RARP Sender and
Target MAC address fields.

Does invoking Erlang initialize the OS network stack so that RARPs are
discarded?  If so, are there any configuration parameters to change the
behavior?

- Ken