[erlang-questions] Difference between enif_schedule_dirty_nif and driver_async?

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Sat Jun 21 18:23:16 CEST 2014

No, external port is not an easy thing.

I've tried to do so, but stopped: too many work is done in C around
packing/unpacking logic and commands. It is much easier to write small C
code in C and wrapper in erlang: video is decoded to plain binaries, then
coded back into binaries.

Everything is running in a separate node. So transcoder node is a separate
unix process with all it's threads. Different streams are transcoded in
different processes.

Steve, thanks for the explanation. I didn't knew how many dirty threads are
there.  There is flag: CPU or IO bound nif. How does this flag affects
scheduling?