[erlang-questions] mnesia:table_info(Table, memory) when storing binaries

Martin Karlsson martink@REDACTED
Tue Jun 17 10:31:13 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm storing binaries in mnesia in a simple key value fashion. The tables
are disc_copies tables and (optionally) fragmented.

When doing mnesia:table_info(Table, memory) the result coming back is not
actually reflecting the memory used. I understand this is because mnesia
stores pointers to the binaries rather than the binary itself and the
binaries are not accounted for in the memory information; just the pointers.

What would be a reliable way to get the actual memory used? The size of the
disk_log files seems to match up but perhaps that is just by chance. If not
can I do a simple file:file_info on all the fragments for a table? What
other ways are there?

Cheers,
Martin