[erlang-questions] Is lhttpc project alive?

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed Jun 11 01:20:02 CEST 2014

Hi, I'm in charge of dlhttpc, and also wrote a fork of lhttpc. These are
stable projects that only cared about getting basic GET/POST requests
working, with specific pools when what you need is really intensive
low-latency requests to a limited set of hosts.

My variations of lhttpc/dlhttpc have been in use in large-ish high
performance clusters where multiple thousands of requests would be sent
per second to a known set of endpoints, and that's what they'll be best
used for.

Their pooling mechanisms might not be adequate for more general use, but
would be able to act as a replacement with a limited amount of changes
if you're doing what it was built for.

Regards,
Fred.