[erlang-questions] Distribution: small packets

Danil Zagoskin z@REDACTED
Wed Jul 9 14:57:01 CEST 2014

Thank you, Scott!

I performed some tests and here are my results (5000 concurrent HTTP
clients with cowboy on every node):
  * {delay_send, true} has almost no effect
  * kernel parameter {dist_nodelay, false} (disables nodelay socket option
on dist port) gives 25% more service rps (32K to 40K) with large latency
(98% is at 30 ms vs 4 ms in default setup)
  * latency slowly increases up to 250 ms, then jumps to 550..650 ms.
Possibly related to tcp retransmit.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Scott Lystig Fritchie <fritchie@REDACTED

--
Danil Zagoskin | z@REDACTED