[erlang-questions] Breaking backwards compatibility in Release 17.0-rc2

Fri Feb 28 18:07:05 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> My plans are the following

Solving it with git is one option. Another option is to extend
erlang.mkand/or rebar to support build-constraints. Many of these
upgrade-problems
can then be solved by looking up the appropriate version of, e.g., crypto
and then compiling the right factoring-module to handle it in your code
base. This will work for crypto:hash/2 style upgrades, but it will not do
for changes to -callback, queue:queue() or the like. There, only the git
option remain and it will be pain to dance around in your projects.

I am not proposing anything here. I am trying to get a feeling for how
people intend to solve this.

--
J.