[erlang-questions] Erlang release and config includes

Alexander Petrovsky <>
Thu Feb 20 14:31:03 CET 2014

I have the problem on erlang release upgrade and config includes. I have
the follow config structure of sys.config with app.config (that generated
dynamically) include:

I added new application myapp2 into myapp, and want to upgrade myapp to new
version (1.0.9).

Firstly I add the settings for new application myapp2 in app.conf file, and
then run upgrade the Erlang application:

The new version of myapp (1.0.9) run the myapp2 application. myapp2 try
read the settings and crash due badmatch error, i.e. no settings in config
for myapp2. When I put settings for new application myapp2 into sys.config,
all works without any problems.

Looks like, release_handler doesn't re-read included config files.

Петровский Александр / Alexander Petrovsky,

Skype: askjuise
Phone: +7 914 8 820 815