[erlang-questions] What problem are we trying to solve here? [was Erland users group [was re: languages in use? [was: Time for OTP to be Renamed?]]]

Mark Allen mallen@REDACTED
Mon Feb 17 23:28:53 CET 2014

On 2/17/14 4:21 PM, "Garrett Smith" <g@REDACTED> wrote:
>> On 2/17/14 1:51 PM, "Vixo" <gordon@REDACTED> wrote:
>>>My suggestion would be a manifest file of Erlang terms at the root level
>>>of a GitHub page (they will *all* be on GitHub) that can be polled and
>>>turned into a static site. The logical thing to do would be combine thus
>>>with the revived erldocs site IMHO (as I have said to Francesco)

>Does this require that all of github be crawled?

No. I'm pretty sure we can segment the crawl to only projects with some X
threshold of Erlang. (I'll have a slice without so much rat in it. [0])

>Would a github based index make sense? Complete with a liberal pull
>request policy?

Most likely, yes, using github pages with a nice custom domain would be a
Good Thing for this type of project.  The code to do the crawl and build
the index should be open source too, imo.

Mark

[0]:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_Flying_Circus#The_Money_Program
me_.5B3.03.5D