[erlang-questions] Fwd: Re: Generic server and selective receives

Robert Virding <>
Mon Feb 17 13:58:34 CET 2014

This section in the erlang documentation gives some explanation and

You do have to careful and follow the rules, but it is surprisingly simple.
Note that this does not give you a behaviour "just" a process which fits
into the OTP environment, for example it will work as it should in
supervision trees.