[erlang-questions] cth_surefire and setup failures

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 21:31:44 CET 2014

We're using cth_surefire to integrate our Common Test suites with
Jenkins, and I think there's a problem with it.

When init_per_testcase/2 fails, cth_surefire outputs <skipped>
elements for each of the tests in the suite. This causes Jenkins to
assume that the tests were skipped deliberately. I believe that it
ought to output <failure type="skip"> instead, for these cases.

Is my understanding of the expected JUnit XML correct?
Does anyone have a workaround or patch?
Should I write one?

Thanks,
Roger.