[erlang-questions] Controversial subject of the day: tabs and spaces for indentation

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Thu Feb 6 17:02:28 CET 2014

This has been a very productive thread. If I may try to summarize, for
posterity:

- Mixed tabs and spaces present challenges for programmer using
different editors and contributing to projects with varied or poorly
defined white space standards

- There are a number of possible solutions to this problem, many of
which have been mentioned here

- The cost of discussing this problem is so much higher than cost of
actually dealing with it - even in cases where a programmer has to
manually copy and past formatted lines to preserve a source file's
dark, twisted and immortal formatting - it's *still much easier* than
talking about how to fix the underlying problem

I feel a certain liberation knowing this.

These are my opinions, which are facts.

Garrett