[erlang-questions] What lib to use for http requests

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Tue Dec 16 18:30:11 CET 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Felix Gallo wrote:
> Hi Tuncer,
>
> Your questions are excellent ones. I agree with your assertion that
> it'd be nice if http[c,d] were well-supported and kept up to date in
> the standard library, but on the other hand that's equivalent to me
> saying that it would be nice if other people did some tedious work.
> The OTP team appears to be, ah, not luxuriously staffed, and, er,
> somewhat well-task-committed towards commercial customers, so it's
> easy to see how they're not spending their days fastidiously
> refactoring the standard library.

I'm sorry if I failed to express it correctly, so I'd like to point
your attention to the last bit where I said the OTP team are likely to
welcome patches to fix (or maybe even replace things). That means, I'm
only expecting them to consider integrating sensible patches, not
fixing issues they aren't able to reproduce or refactoring libs they
don't run into bugs with :).

> It would be interesting to know what the OTP team's official
> position on accepting new libraries and deprecating old ones is, and
> what the process would look like (EEP? Other?).

I don't have an answer, but eldap was integrated, so I don't think
they would object a good replacement, if somebody proposes it in
non-API breaking patch.