[erlang-questions] How to split a single huge server?

Wed Aug 6 23:35:03 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM, semmit mondo <semmitmondo@REDACTED>
wrote:

> So basically what you suggest is that I need an external piece of software
> written in a low level language that uses low level SIMD instructions on
> the bare CPU or maybe uses GPU.

It depends. How much RAM are you going to accept using and how fast are you
going to want your computation? If you have a small kernel which has to run
fast at any cost, it is often better to move to a lower level language.
Note that this affects development time and development cost. So you have
to decide if it is worth it. Usually, it's not if you are just toying
around.

--
J.