[erlang-questions] how do you build your releases with/without rebar?

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau@REDACTED
Wed Apr 16 11:51:25 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya <
mahesh@REDACTED> wrote:

> This is as much a discussion of Methodology™ as of anything else - as
> with all things Methodology™, there are two over-riding rules
> 1) Any Methodology™ can be made to work (*)
> 2) All Methodology™ fail at the edge.

It's indeed about methodology (so much "o" in this word...).

When I start a project and organize the source (because I am french and we
loves squares since Descartes) I am trying to answer to the following
questions:

- will it be easy in to maintain this moving code target
- do i need to make this application generic (mainly when I publish 2
different but related products)
- how much devs are involved on this repo (ie will it be a paini to handle
conflicts). which is generally adressed by making changes atomic to a
module. or an app/ folder in erlang.

My initial mail was an attempt to collect different patterns around to see
how to improve what I do. Still working on it.

Also would be good to find a common way to distribute libraries without
diving in the "nodejs" way where you finished to upload the world composed
of atomic modules just to run 5 lines of code... Some of these modules
unusable alone.

- benoit