[erlang-questions] Store maps in ets/dets?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Fri Apr 11 09:21:16 CEST 2014

On Thursday, April 10, Michael Loftis wrote:

> and they're most definitely not persistent if they're in-process.

'persistent' means (at least) two different things. Here are the wikipedia
pages on those two different things:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_%28computer_science%29
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistent_data_structure

When you write "[maps] are most definitely not persistent", I think
you're using the first definition. Björn-Egil indicated that he was
using the second.

Matt