[erlang-questions] how do you build your releases with/without rebar?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Thu Apr 10 11:05:23 CEST 2014

If you need "rebar generate" behavior in a way that doesn't have extra checks blocking its success and is able to report errors (problems rebar has had in the past), without the logic for windows support, there is a script here:
https://github.com/okeuday/reltool_util/blob/master/release

However, relx should be a better way to go, if you can part with your reltool file.  I haven't found all the reltool options to be supported by relx, so I don't believe it is a fit for all situations.