[erlang-questions] [ANN] erlang-mini, a minimal Erlang package for small systems

Omer Kilic omer.kilic@REDACTED
Tue Sep 10 18:49:07 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

We’re pleased to announce the availability of erlang-mini, a minimal
version of the Erlang packages that we distribute on our downloads
page[1], designed specifically with embedded devices in mind (no GUI
related dependencies etc, weighing in under 20 megabytes).

Installing erlang-mini on a freshly imaged Raspberry Pi or a Parallella
board is a very simple processes. Using your favourite text editor, add
the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list

For Raspberry Pi:
   deb http://packages.erlang-solutions.com/debian wheezy contrib

For Parallella:
   deb http://packages.erlang-solutions.com/debian oneiric contrib

Import the Erlang Solutions public key:
   wget http://packages.erlang-solutions.com/debian/erlang_solutions.asc
   sudo apt-key add erlang_solutions.asc

Update the package database:
   sudo apt-get update

Install erlang-mini:
   sudo apt-get install erlang-mini

We are focusing our efforts on Raspberry Pi and Parallella at the moment
but do get in touch if you're interested in seeing erlang-mini on other
platforms as well.

Cheers,
Omer.

[1] https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads/download-erlang-otp