[erlang-questions] process per task or not ?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri Nov 15 23:32:02 CET 2013

Spawning a short-lived process per message is done to make sure binaries get garbage collected quickly.  This can be important when your message handling does lots of binary work (e.g. with asn1).  CloudI (http://cloudi.org) does this by default with all service requests, but not info messages, though that can be changed with the service configuration options (so a request pid can be used any number of times, and an info pid can be used any number of times).