[erlang-questions] Erlang package managers?

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Wed May 29 11:29:15 CEST 2013

Hello,

Beauty of git + rebar is peer-to-peer solution. You are not bound to single repository (the concept of trust and security is other topic).
Additionally rebar + reltool is very flexible to produce a "deployable tar ball". The vars overlay concept allows you to generate dev / stage and prod deployable packages following same workflow.  No-doubt that concept of dependencies is not very flexible like with yum. On-another hand it is good enough to assemble relatively large VM nodes.

It would be very good to get idea what issue you had with rebar on dependencies management.

- Dmitry