[erlang-questions] Conflict issue

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Tue May 7 21:40:47 CEST 2013

Hi Lee,

Yes, unfortunately this is a common problem with Erlang/OTP development.  The normal way people deal with it, is to manually rename each module within a conflicting application, then rename the application, so that the conflict is avoided.  There is no namespace feature that is part of Erlang/OTP release generation that automatically would resolve conflicting applications that are possibly different versions.  I will look at making the database dependencies optional (probably with manual application start calls) so that future versions of CloudI can avoid the problems within Erlang/OTP release generation.  With the 1.2.1 release of CloudI, I think you will need to remove the ecouchdb dependency from the cloudi_services_databases application (here https://github.com/okeuday/CloudI/blob/master/src/lib/cloudi_services_databases/src/cloudi_services_databases.app.src.in), remove it from the release (here https://github.com/okeuday/CloudI/blob/master/src/reltool.config.in), and
then reinstall (rm -rf /usr/local/lib/cloudi-1.2.1 and then do the install).

Best Regards,
Michael