[erlang-questions] wxStyledTextCtrl and numbered lines, custom margin

Hosszú Gábor gabre@REDACTED
Thu Mar 21 01:57:15 CET 2013

Hello,

I have been writing a GUI application using wxErlang and I would like
to do the following:
I have a wxStyledTextCtrl and I want the lines to be numbered, but not
from 1, but from N (which usually not equals 1). I tried the trivial
solution, adding some empty lines with "\n" and hiding those lines,
but according to my experiences and wxStyledTextCtrl/Scintilla docs
hiding the first line is impossible.
On wx forums some programmers suggested me the following function:
http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx_styled_text_ctrl.html#ad66c7d820d12a5cc6f82aa72935fbbea
(marginsettext)
but this function is not implemented in wxErlang. What should I do
now? Should I write some C++ code or...? I dont really know the inner
structure of the wxErlang modules, I am just a user of them.

Thank you in advance,
Gabor Hosszu