[erlang-questions] ehtml

Tim erlang@REDACTED
Sun Jun 30 17:13:58 CEST 2013

On 30/06/2013, at 12:21 AM, Alexander Zhuravlev <a.zhuravlev@REDACTED> wrote:

>> Just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of an ehtml
>> reference/guide/source code listing.  Acronym overlap means most
>> google searches return pages about the extended character set, and
>> both of the links at
>> http://cean.process-one.net/packages/index.yaws?action=detail&name=ehtml
>> do not seem to work.
>
> Are you asking about ehtml from yaws? If this is a case, you can
> find its description on page #12 of the Yaws Reference documentation:
> http://hyber.org/yaws.pdf

Yes, using ehtml to output structured content in .yaws pages.  The manual reads thusly:

The second way to generate output is by returning a tuple {ehtml, EHTML}. The term EHTML must adhere
to the following structure:

EHTML = [EHTML] | {TAG, Attrs, Body} | {TAG, Attrs} | {TAG} | {Module,Fun,[Args]} | fun/0 | binary() | character()
TAG = atom()
Attrs = [{HtmlAttribute,Value}]
HtmlAttribute = atom()
Value = string() | atom() | {Module,Fun,[Args]} | fun/0
Body = EHTML

… which suggests that it is pretty agnostic about what gets thrown in.  I just need to be careful about reserved words like 'div'.

Specifically, I want to know if it is possible to 'tune' the HTML generation so that it produces source that is neat and tidy.