[erlang-questions] Is export always better than complie(export_all)?

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Jun 20 18:30:28 CEST 2013

export_all should only be used when debugging
In production you should only explicitly export the functions you need.

By exporting a subset of the functions:

- your programs are easier to understand.
- the compiler could perform better optimisations
- the type checker (dialyzer) can infer better types

/Joe