[erlang-questions] run-to-completion scheduling

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Jun 6 16:47:04 CEST 2013

I doubt that you can improve Erlang's performance itself with DPDK, but you can use Erlang as an orchestration layer on top of it, and use NIFs to link the two. Resource binaries in Erlang exist specifically so that you can reference e.g. data plane resources as if they were erlang objects.

Fair warning: Run-to-completion scheduling works nicely for embarrassingly parallel problems, but sucks for orchestation problems. So Erlang and DPDK together can make for a good combo.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Feuerlabs, Inc.
http://www.feuerlabs.com