[erlang-questions] Issues with stdin on ports

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Wed Jul 31 21:54:44 CEST 2013

Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

>Your solution is less obtrusive but less stable. What will happen with
>your system if you leave some processes because your code failed to do
>os:cmd? Or what will happen if your erlang is killed?

Good points - your solution is better at handling those cases. I just
wanted to point out that it is now *possible* to terminate the external
process even if it isn't reading stdin, without the need for a "wrapper"
or modifications to the program.

--Per