[erlang-questions] Restarting supervision tree

Martin Dimitrov mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Mon Jul 1 11:13:19 CEST 2013

Hello,

In our app, I would like to reset (restart) a whole supervision tree. If
I return {stop, normal, []} from a permanent worker with supervisor's
restart strategy set to one_for_all, the supervisor will terminate and
restart the whole tree, right? But this will count towards the maximum
restart frequency and I have to avoid this. If I call
supervisor:terminate_child/2 and then supervisor:restart_child/2 on the
permanent worker, will this affect the maximum restart frequency?

Thank you.

Martin